Saturday

Pink & Yellow Polwarth & Spice BFL


What a very lucky girl I am to have been able to visit the 2013 Fiber Event in Greencastle, Indiana this year.  I couldn't wait to run into Riin at her Happy Fuzzy Yarn booth.  I purchased six, four-ounce braids of wonderful fiber to spin.    The hand spun skein in the picture is "Art Nouveau."  The fiber is from a Polwarth Sheep.  

This is a Polwarth sheep family.  Originally from Australia, some of the sheep have been exported to South America.  



This hand spun skein is from a Blue Face Leicester sheep.  I do not know what the name of the fiber was called because I lost the card that was attached to it when I bought it.  It's another one I bought from Riin at Happy Fuzzy Yarn.  It reminds me of spices especially the color of the curry spice.  There are no special plans for either of this hand spun skeins of yarn but whatever it turns out to become I'm sure it will be beautiful.    

No comments: